We’re looking for a senior Software Development Engineer with experience across the application stack to help us design, create and grow our applications and platforms. The amount of data we collect and process is staggering. We have big data challenges and are looking for folks that have a passion and experience delivering solutions within this problem set. No business problem will be too big or too small to meet customer expectations, achieve critical time to market, and deliver business value.
You will work closely with our product team to assess the implementation strategy to fulfill customer and business needs. This analysis will support the implementation and deployment of new business functionality through our agile software development lifecycle. This position requires a highly motivated individual who is comfortable with rapid changes in direction and environment. The successful candidate will be customer oriented, results driven and passionate about delivering innovative quality services to delight our customers.
Essential Tasks and Duties:
- Develop applications and services across the stack to deliver new features and support for Zonar’s products.
- Deliver features with quality and on-time meeting release plans and delivery commitments.
- Guide the architecture and technology decisions to drive quality, performance, usability, and sustainability to empower a world-class user experience and business value to our customers.
- Instrument your code to achieve insight on business metrics, usage, and performance.
- Follow engineering best practices and provide technical mentorship to other members of the team.
Additional Responsibilities and Duties:
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Perform all other duties as required.
- Overtime as required.
- Travel as required to support Zonar’s needs.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and problem solving.
- Proven experience implementing mission critical internet based applications implementing best practices for software code development, re-use, and componentization.
- Highly proficient in Python, PHP and/or SQL. Experience developing UX a plus.
- Highly skilled with databases, Postgres a big plus. Design and implementation of features to process and query large sets of data. Be able to tune application and query performance.
- Experience in designing and building large scale systems. Demonstrated knowledge with distributed and multi-threaded implementations a plus.
- Passionate orientation and attention to customers.
- Ability work well with others, motivate others and thrive in a dynamic and challenging work environment. Able to set goals and achieve scheduled deadlines.
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
- BS or equivalent degree in computer science or related field.
- 5+ years relevant work experience in software development.
Working Conditions: The standard work week is 40 hours, Mon-Fri 8AM – 5PM. Work generally conducted in a climate controlled office environment.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned.
Zonar maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.
About Zonar Systems
Zonar Systems was established in 2001 to help fleets improve efficiency and regulatory compliance, and is now a leading provider of electronic inspection, fleet tracking, telematics and transportation management systems.
Zonar designs first-to-market technology providing real-time vehicle data and mobile communications platforms that improve driving habits, fleet management and maintenance operations for public and private fleets across North America. Zonar employees think outside the box and are empowered to execute new ideas that become the technological backbone of transporting the products and services we interact with every day. Zonar is no ordinary company, so we are looking for extraordinary people to join our team. People who want to make a difference. People who want to change the way Transportation utilizes technology solutions to optimize operations.
How to apply
To submit your resume please follow the below link: