The primary responsibility of the person holding this position is to engineer reliable and robust systems to support Zonar's applications and data.
Essential Tasks and Duties:
- Ensure system reliability maintained at 99.9% or higher
- On-call duties for emergency operations of servers / networking equipment as it relates to Zonar’s application and database servers
- Assist in developing standards and procedures for System Engineers and Administrations
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong understanding of configuration management tools such as puppet, cfengine, or chef
- Proficiency in scripting with Python, Perl, or sh
- Strong knowledge of common Linux distributions (CentOS, Debian, etc.)
- Understanding of Storage Area Network (SAN) and Big Data solutions
- Familiarity with common open source infrastructure tools
- Experience with common networking equipment (Cisco, Juniper, F5, etc.)
- Strong understanding of networking protocols
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to set goals, and achieve scheduled deadlines
- BS Computer Science degree, related degree or equivalent industry experience
- 2+ years Linux System Administration
- 3+ years Linux System Engineer
- 3+ years running production IT/web operations
Working Conditions: Standard work week is 40 hours, Mon-Fri 8AM – 5PM. Work generally conducted in a climate controlled office environment. On site work at data center required as necessary. Evening and weekend work is occasionally required for server maintenance and upgrades. On-call duties shared with other system administrators.
Disclaimer The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Zonar maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.
About Zonar Systems
Zonar Systems was established in 2001 to help fleets improve efficiency and regulatory compliance, and is now a leading provider of electronic inspection, fleet tracking, telematics and transportation management systems.
Zonar designs first-to-market technology providing real-time vehicle data and mobile communications platforms that improve driving habits, fleet management and maintenance operations for public and private fleets across North America. Zonar employees think outside the box and are empowered to execute new ideas that become the technological backbone of transporting the products and services we interact with every day. Zonar is no ordinary company, so we are looking for extraordinary people to join our team. People who want to make a difference. People who want to change the way Transportation utilizes technology solutions to optimize operations.