Risk Focus is a Specialist Solutions Firm offering products and services to clients in the Capital Markets. We work for some of the biggest and most influential firms in the Financial Services industry.
We are experts in Enterprise Risk Management, Derivatives Trade Processing and Enterprise Integration solutions. Our practice is growing and we are looking for talented people to meet the demand.
Senior Sybase IQ Database Developer (10-15+ years of experience)
Successful candidates will join a talented delivery team responsible for designing, building and implementing robust solutions in our core domains – Risk Management, Trade Processing & Connectivity. Solutions are front to back with heavy focus on Python based server side components running on custom compute grids and business process orchestration.
Project involves building a strategic Risk Reporting solution for a large investment bank using Sybase IQ as the central warehousing database. The database schema design for this project will involve storing multiple tradable instruments and the risk measures associated with them. The size of the DB could grow from terabytes to petabytes. The candidate should be proficient in designing queries that can retrieve large amounts of data efficiently. This database will support batch reporting as well as on-demand risk reporting using UIs. The schema design will also involve keeping a complete audit trail of transactions occurring in the database. Achieving scalable performance using DB tuning techniques and architectural enhancements would be at the center of this reporting solution.
Skills & Requirements
Requirements & Qualifications
- Extensive experience in DB Design, architecture and data modeling of complex and large database systems is required.
- Solid understanding of relational, object oriented and distributed database concepts.
- Solid understanding of practical concepts related to data warehousing (database/table partitioning, indexes and query execution) and ETL tools.
- Expert in database performance tuning and optimization.
- Must have solid hands on experience working with Sybase/IQ databases including writing complex vendor specific SQL (stored procedures, triggers, functions, batch operations).
- Must have worked with XML (dealing with XML documents, XML data types, XML indexes).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and able to work with a variety of stakeholders and cross functional teams.
- Able to work in a virtual and global environment (ability to work with a team that is globally dispersed).
- Good understanding of columnar and MPP architectures.
- Good understanding of capital markets preferred.
- In-Depth experience with Sybase IQ
- Interested in Big Data architectures
- ETL Tools
About Risk Focus Inc.
Risk Focus is a specialist technology firm delivering advanced Risk Management, Trade Processing and Connectivity solutions to global Capital Markets Clients. Our customers include the largest and most prominent institutions participating in global financial markets. Risk Focus has offices in New York and London with clients in major global financial centers.
We are seeking database developers to work on advanced financial projects, including:
- Computing and managing credit and market risk
- Optimization of capital and hedge selection for derivatives trading
- Calculating profits and market risk analytics for multi-$billion portfolios
- Trade life cycle optimization for derivatives covering fixed income, credit, equities, commodities and foreign currencies
- Automation of global trade processes across multiple business lines
What We Offer
- Opportunities to work with the most prestigious Tier 1 banks, hedge funds, broker dealers, exchanges, asset managers and other financial institutions
- Apply and expand on your current programming or framework skills
- An exciting high growth company with a history of success and profitability
- Opportunities to learn and apply new technologies including Alloy, Splunk and java
- Membership on a team of true technologists committed to your career goals
- Excellent compensation and performance incentives