Due to continued growth and success, we are seeking to a hire a Lead Database Engineer (SQL) for our Chicago HQ location. A Lead Database Engineer is responsible for establishing the low level design on one or more projects. In addition, the Lead Database Engineer will provide technical leadership for one or more platforms for application development used by the Huron Legal team.
The Lead Database Engineer is a key role on Huron Legal software projects and will work closely with one or more architects to ensure the design fits well within the overall architecture for the product line as well as working closely with the project manager to ensure that delivery timelines are met and risks are managed.
Are you interested in the following?? As the Lead Database Engineer, you would be involved in owning and leading projects for Database Development, ETL (SSIS), Reports (SSRS), creating Database Models (Data Modeling), Data Movements (System Integration), interface with the Cloud. This is a growing team, we are looking for a strong Lead Database Developer that is passionate about technology and enjoys working with a team as the hands on lead.
- Conduct design and code reviews.
- Coordinate work of database developers.
- Take ownership of and deliver quality code for work items.
- Resolve technical issues which are keeping developers from being productive.
- Proactively identify industry and company best practices and techniques that can be applied to increase quality and productivity
- Review, understand, and, if necessary, identify deficiencies in requirements on backlog items.
- Keep the project manager informed of progress, risks to delivery milestones and blocking issues.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in one or more technology areas.
- Mentor junior developers and ensure the quality of their code including but not limited to pairing, code review and informal feedback.
Please Note: This is not a traveling consultant role, this is an internal opportunity, working with Huron technology teams at our Chicago HQ. Work with a growing team (passionate about technology and solutions) and an excellent environment to work in!
Consider applying or feel free to reach out to discuss this opportunity further? Aaron Modica, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skills & Requirements
- 10 years of experience in software industry.
- 8 years of experience as hands on database developer (strong exp. with SQL Server).
- 2 years of experience in supervising and leading small teams.
- Proficiency with SSIS and/or SSRS.
- Understanding of database unit testing implementation.
- Experience in designing data solutions within complex environments.
Experience with the following technologies a plus:
- Understanding of software development methodologies is a plus.
- Experience with source code management is a plus.
- Experience with VLDB and/or multi-tenant environments is a plus.
Location: Chicago, IL. Our team is located at our Headquarters downtown Chicago, located one block from Union Station.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision/life & disability, 401(k), work/life programs, employee stock purchase plan and a generous paid time off policy.
The Company is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity in recruitment, employment, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, education and all other terms of employment. Huron will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, Vietnam era of veteran status, physical or mental disability, creed, citizen status or any other status protected by federal, state of local law. We endeavor to maintain a drug-free workplace.
About Huron Consulting Group
Formed in 2002, Huron Consulting Group is a public company listed on the NASDAQ exchange under the symbol “HURN” and stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry. With a global reach, we deliver practical business advice and solutions that extend far beyond transactions and which are supported by objective, sustainable and measurable results. We help our clients in diverse industries improve performance, comply with complex regulations, reduce costs, recover from distress, leverage technology, and stimulate growth. Huron provides services to a wide variety of both financially sound and distressed organizations, including healthcare organizations, Fortune 500 companies, leading academic institutions, medium-sized businesses, and the law firms that represent these various organizations. Primary practice areas are: Health & Education Consulting, Legal Consulting, and Financial Consulting.
Huron’s growth is supported on bedrock values: Integrity, Pursuit of Excellence, Accountability, Collaboration, & Passion. These values guide the internal dynamics across a global team of over 2000 employees, our client partnerships, the communities in which we live, and our shareholders.
Our people make the difference. We seek to hire and retain individuals for the unique contributions, skills and perspectives that diversity brings. We provide a structure that is big enough in which to grow personally and professionally while still being nimble enough to enable fresh-thinking, foster innovation, and allow an entrepreneurial spirit to flourish. These elements combine to redefine what a consulting organization can be, and where the difference is experienced by our employees and the markets, clients, and communities we serve.
Huron: Experience. Redefined.™ Learn more at: www.huronconsultinggroup.com
Huron Legal provides guidance and business services to address the challenges that confront today’s legal organizations. These services add value to corporate law departments, law firms, and government agencies by helping to reduce legal spending, enhance client service delivery, and increase operational effectiveness. This segment provides measurable results in the areas of digital evidence and discovery services, document review, law firm management services, records management, and strategic and operational improvements. Included in this segment’s offerings is V3locity™, a fixed price e-discovery service providing data and document processing, hosting, review and production.