As a Software Developer Big Data Analytics you will join our agile, cross-functional development team to jointly push forward new development for (and refinements to) our central service systems that are behind our successful games. Within the general context of high-availability applications you take care of a smooth operation with elegant and object-oriented concepts.
- Continuous development of our growing Big Data environment, using technologies like e.g. MapReduce, Storm, Hive, Pig
- Preparing and providing (ETL) very large amounts of data as a basis for further processing in our other backend systems (e.g. Business Intelligence, CRM)
- Developing centralized solutions for subject-specific analysis requirements (e.g. multivariate testing)
- Real-time- or near-time processing of event-tracking data
Skills & Requirements
- You hold a degree in computer science or in business informatics, or have a comparable education
- Several years of experience in object-oriented programming in Java and at least one other script- or programming language (e.g. Scala, PHP, Go)
- You develop in a test-driven manner and use the advantages of a Continuous Integration-Server (e.g. Jenkins) for deployment
- You enjoy working with large amounts of data in distributed systems, and you have competent knowledge of SQL
- Ideally, you have already worked in a Kanban-team and you know your way around the command line of UNIX operating systems
- As the perfect candidate you have already gained experience with Big Data technologies, especially with the Hadoop Eco-system
- You are familiar with topics like Data Mining and Data Science and you like to share a good laugh with your colleagues
- Very good English language skills complete your profile
- Further education, e.g. regular trainings, a flat-rate for reference books
- Opportunity to attend relevant high-level conferences, congresses and industry talks
- Relocation-support and welcome days
- Flexible working hours and the possibility for home office
- Regular feedback in all directions and employee surveys
- Free drinks and fresh fruits
- Company gym, Gaming area, roof terrace with BBQ
- Frequent company and team events
- After-Work “Come together”
About InnoGames GmbH
InnoGames, based in Hamburg, is one of the leading developers and publishers of online games with more than 130 million registered players around the world. We have been characterized by dynamic growth ever since the company was founded in 2007. In order to further expand our success and to realize new projects, we are constantly looking for young talents, experienced professionals, and creative thinkers.
Joel Test score: 10 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?