The eHow stack is built using PHP, Python, MongoDB and the latest HTML5 technologies. It is hosted in multiple datacenters (planning to be moved to AWS soon) and tightly integrated with CDN's to ensure 99.99% uptime. eHow.com serves millions of page views per day and our servers process thousands of requests per second. Our team of 25+ developers ship code when ready and utilize agile development methodologies. Code is always changing and while we rely heavily on engineers to test their own code we utilize a combination of black box testing and heavy automation to minimize negative impact to the business.
We are looking for a true, full stack product engineer to join our engineering team!
- Work with a team of dedicated developers in the creation of the next generation content and social media platform
- Responsible for maintaining and developing on our high-profile web 2.0 social networking, content management and distribution systems using PHP and Python in a LAMP stack,
- Design and code new application features and functionalities, write API’s and work on scalability and maintainability improvements,
- Utilize knowledge about design patterns—MVC, Factory and Singleton
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in designing, developing and delivering engaging user experiences on customer web sites and portals
- Experience working in PHP backend MVC frameworks such as Kohana, Symfony, CodeIgniter, or Zend.
- Knowledge and experience working with APC cache, memcacheD, redis, CDNs, SOLR/Lucene a plus
- Knowledge and experience with analytics and ad serving software such as Google Analytics, Adsense, Google Publisher Tags, Optimizely, etc…
- Must be able to gather requirements, design, code and test independently as well as collaborate with the team
- Encouraged to engage in long-term technical planning and influence the direction of the company's infrastructure
- Build a customer facing site that supports the company's mission audience growth while adhering to technical standards and best practices
- Develop, maintain and optimize secure and scalable multi-tier web applications.
- Mentor junior developers / interns if need be.
About Demand Media
Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media – how it’s created, consumed and shared!
How to apply
Please use the following link to apply: