Are you the hands on Engineering Manager your team comes to with their hardest problems, whether back-end or front? Then you’re the only kind we hire. That’s one of the secrets to LIVESTRONG.COM’s rapid growth to become the largest food and fitness site on the web, with tens of millions of monthly visitors, and popular mobile apps. You and your team will take on high-impact projects every day, in an environment buzzing with smart people who understand and respect what you do, and care about helping each other. We combine the stability and resources of a successful company with the relaxed atmosphere of a startup and the mindset to stay agile as we grow.
- Oversee and work with a team of high level dedicated developers on our health and fitness apps, community and social tools, and high traffic website.
- Develop, maintain and optimize secure and scalable multi-tier web applications.
- Build a customer facing site and apps that support the company's mission of audience growth while adhering to technical standards and best practices
- Own the architecture of new features and APIs, designing for scalability and maintainability
- Work closely with the product team, providing them insight on technical implementation and new technologies
- Provide technical mentoring to senior and lead engineers to foster growth and learning on the team
- Engage in long-term technical planning and influence the direction of the company's infrastructure
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent experience
- 6+ years experience in designing, developing and delivering engaging user experiences on customer web sites and portals
- 2+ years experience in managing a team of engineers
- Experience working in PHP backend MVC frameworks such as Kohana, Symfony, CodeIgniter, or Zend.
- Knowledge and experience working with APC cache, memcached, redis, CDNs, SOLR/Lucene a plus
- Knowledge and experience with analytics and ad serving software such as Google Analytics, Adsense, Google Publisher Tags, Optimizely, etc.
- Must be able to gather requirements, design, code and test independently as well as manage the team
About Demand Media
Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media – how it’s created, consumed and shared!
How to apply
Please use the following link to apply: