We are looking for an individual who has familiarity with Artificial Intelligence and/or machine-learning (AI) concepts, strong programming skills, and is interested in supporting cutting-edge AI research.
Relevant areas of research include, but are not limited to, planning, AI and games, autonomous agents, and multiagent systems. The candidate must possess good communication and interpersonal skills, must be able to work independently and in teams, and should be able to pick up new research topics and skills quickly.
This position would give you the opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research and support the development of new technologies. You would be a supporting member of a small team working on a government research project, and part of a larger intellectual community through which you will be exposed to ongoing research.
- Independent and team-based development of algorithms and supporting software to test AI algorithms and applications
- Designing and conducting empirical studies for AI algorithms
- Reading and applying ideas from scholarly papers on Artificial Intelligence
Skills & Requirements
- Strong programming background in one or more conventional languages such as Java, C++, Python
- Demonstrated background supporting AI research at university level or higher
- Development of at least one medium to large solo programming project
- Masters-level research on relevant AI and/or machine learning topics with publications
- Prior experience in developing and implementing algorithms for gaming and simulation
- Knowledge and experience with software engineering
- Experience constructing or improving simulators or games
Masters in Computer Science or equivalent with 0-2 years experience supporting or conducting computer science and AI research.
About Knexus Research Corporation
Knexus Research Corporation, an intelligent systems research company with its offices in National Harbor, Maryland, just south of Washington D.C.. This position would support new and innovative work with the Naval Research Laboratory in Washington, DC.
We provide a fun, flexible and casual environment for creative and motivated individuals who thrive on intellectually challenging research and development projects. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes: 25 days off (PTO & Holidays), medical coverage, retirement plan, free parking, and great views overlooking the Potomac River!
Citizenship: U.S. citizenship preffered, but will consider Foreign Nationals and other visas.