Help us fix the broken industry of workforce management! We need to add an iOS Engineer to our Mobile Product Development Team, who will be contributing to our apps - When I Work and WageBase - that are fundamentally transforming the way hourly employees and their employers communicate about work. Our mission is to help every single hourly worker in the world work the right hours - the ones THEY want - at the right time. Our apps are fast, smart tools that are reinventing the standard for simplicity and mobility - and they’re the core of who we are. We build for our end-users, using the newest and best technology, and we have fun doing it!
What You’ll Be Doing
- You’ll be working alongside our product development team, building apps that make every piece of hourly workforce management - scheduling, time tracking, shift trading and more - easy and straightforward, for managers and employees alike.
- Your contribution and focus on building for the end-user is what will make When I Work and WageBase the most important apps in an hourly employee or managers pocket.
- In addition to development, you’ll have the opportunity to offer ideas, feedback and perspective on everything we produce. This is our expectation!
- Your ideas and code will be put in production and used by thousands all over the world.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for a solid iOS Developer who:
- Wants to build something meaningful, always with the end-user in mind
- Is a forward thinker, obsessed with good software design and best practices
- Loves creating apps that people can’t keep their fingers off
- Brings passion, innovation and problem solving to every endeavor
- Has a preoccupation with staying on top of industry trends and new technology
- Desires to be personally responsible for production-level code
- Possesses ingenuity to leverage all available tools and resources
- Communicates well, both written and verbally
What’s In It For You
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Work Environment
- Dynamic and Dedicated Team
- Casual Dress Code
Skills & Requirements
Technical Skills Needed
- Significant real-world experience in mobile iOS Application Development
- Familiarity with Source Control (Subversion/GIT)
- Expertise in Database Design and Concepts (MySQL, SQLite, CoreData, ORM)
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
What Would Be Awesome To Have
- A history of working on beautiful UX apps
- Experience with Android Development
- Contributions to Open-Source Projects
- Knowledge and understanding of:
- iOS 7 intricacies and private APIs
*Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Must be willing to relocate to the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) area.
About thisCLICKS, Inc.
thisCLICKS (http://thisclicks.com) is an emerging St. Paul-based software company that is transforming the very broken industry of workforce management. Nearly every tool on the market is a nightmare to use, impossible to learn and expensive to implement — not to mention lacks focus on the end-user. We aim to create the most important apps in an hourly employee or manager's pocket. We're design first and mobile focused. We make it incredibly easy for businesses to schedule and communicate with their hourly employees.
Our products are beautifully designed, simple and loved by thousands of businesses with over 250,000 employees world wide. “When I Work” is our flagship, mobile employee scheduling and communication platform and WageBase is a mobile time and attendance software that works elegantly with When I Work to allow hourly employees to clock in/out of their shifts from a mobile device.
Our customers literally tell us that our products “changed their life” and we think that’s pretty cool. We have big plans to reinvent how software and technology are used to help businesses run smarter and we’re looking for someone who shares our passion.
Our space is comfortable and the atmosphere is vibrant. Dedication, passion and ambition are key, but so is a balanced life. We don’t expect nor want you to live at the office. It's also fair to note that thisCLICKS was named among "The Best Places to Work" by the Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal in 2009 and 2012. Oh yeah, and we just secured $4M in our first round of VC funding after emgering profitable in 2013. This isn't a pipe dream. We know how to make money and we know how to make products people love — and if you can do the latter, the other follows not too far behind.
Joel Test score: 10 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?