We are looking for a Senior Application Developer to join our NAD IT Publications team. The Publications team is responsible for developing information management systems that integrate, aggregate and actively manage key enterprise data that enable the creation of over 1,000 printed publications about Capital Group funds and services. These publications are sought after by dealers, advisors and investors from around the country. Members of this publication team are also at the heart of a major transformation project that is tasked with re-imagining how the information within these printed publications can be liberated from a print only vehicle and made consistently available to digital, social, mobile and future vehicles as well.
The associate will lead detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms He/She will partner closely with business leads and business solution analysts to define scope and priority of tasks while providing leadership to a technical team made up of on-site and off-shore resources. They will need to understand and control the data, build integrations to consume and share data and develop solutions around the data. The associate will also help to develop the strategy and direction for the team.
- Understands complex business requirements to identify and define technology solutions.
- Lead complex application development and support efforts.
- Codes, tests, documents troubleshoots and/or debugs for complex application development.
- Provides leadership in advancing the skill set and improving team practices.
- Partner with others to analyze, define and clarify complex requirements of data usage and drive the development of data assets.
Skills & Requirements
- Advanced knowledge of application design principles, practices, system development and analysis
- Prior experience using a structured methodology
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Experience with integration methods such as ETL, WebService, JMS
- Prior experience with ETL tools such as Informatica PowerCenter
- Proficiency with data modeling, referential integrity management, metadata management, data quality and data profiling practices
- Demonstrated experience using the programming languages, packages and software development tool
- Strong knowledge with relational database (Oracle Sybase) and SQL skill
- Proficiency with Java, Spring Framework, ORM modules such as Hibernate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that non-technical users can understand
- The ability to create a positive business relationship with internal and external clients
- Prior experience with C#, .NET a plus
About Capital Group
Capital Group is a global leader in investment management focused on doing what’s right for investors over the long term. Our businesses encompass a broad range of products and services that include American Funds, one of the largest mutual fund families in the U.S, in addition to a globally diverse institutional investment group that manages large pools of capital such as pensions, endowments, and retirement plans. The companies within our organization independently manage more than $1 trillion in assets.