Job DescriptionPosition Overview:
Symantec is currently looking for Senior Data Center Professionals with significant expertise in data center consolidations, migrations and transformations. In this position, you will be responsible for driving the strategic technical direction and project delivery for data center consolidations globally. This would entail using both your technical acumen and project management experience to drive multiple consolidations efficiently and in a timely manner.
• Manage Data center consolidations, migrations, upgrades, full project lifecycle experience. Leads the data center technical strategies and solutions for consolidations and migrations.
• Conduct a Feasibility Analysis and establish a business case for Data Center Consolidations and migrations, including detailed architectural infrastructure assessment experience.
• Perform Data Center Assessment – Facilities (Power/Cooling) and foot print assessment, Inventory data collection, Application Dependency analysis, Infrastructure discovery and dependency analysis using enterprise tools. Drive technical decisions and ambiguity based on demonstrated experience in building technology infrastructure.
• Establish the team for large/complex data center migrations. Create Project Plans for Large/Complex Data Center consolidation and migration and drive decision-making and technical decisions to closure.
• Conduct interviews and gather data to create Business Impact Analysis documents.
• Conduct Risk assessments for customers as well as help customers conduct risk assessments.
• Provide for creation of a list of dependent applications and their corresponding infrastructure that can move together and applications flow and what applications talk to what applications.
• Create Cutover Plans for move dates, and Contingency Plans and emergency response teams.
• Provide support in creating customer proposals, designing work specifications, pricing proposals and writing service description documentation.
• Coordinate with other business teams across Symantec on day to day project activities and deliverables.
• Participate in handling customer’s queries, priorities in day to day project activities.
• Design, communicate and report on project performance goals, metrics and baselines.
• Initiate and maintain issues logs, taking responsibility for identifying and coordinating resolution of all technical and business issues.
• Please Note: This description does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Skills & Requirements
• Certified Data Center Facilities, Consolidation and Migration expert. Certification or equivalent experience will be considered. Candidate would be able to describe past consolidations in detail.
• Selected candidate should have deep technical knowledge and is preferred if they have worked first in a technical tower them progressed their career into project management.
• Ability to take high level ambiguous information and turn it into solidified detailed plans that drive results.
• Demonstrated experience managing projects involving server consolidation, software migrations, and infrastructure consolidation/moves, including initial implementations and upgrades as well as experience with managing infrastructure improvement programs from inception through implementation that include Data Center Facilities (from selection to build-out of the data center), Virtualization Technologies, Windows/UNIX Servers, Enterprise Storage, and Network LAN/WAN.
• Ability to formulate, understand and communicate abstract concepts.
• Ability to analyze data and derive summaries.
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
• Risk analysis process knowledge and specific knowledge in generating Consolidation, and Migration plans.
• Working knowledge of Discovery Tools such as IBM TADM, VMWare ADM, and other discovery and application dependency analysis tools.
• Working knowledge of Networking, VMWare, Citrix, UNIX, Enterprise Storage, OpenStack, Hadoop, Data center power, cooling, Data Center concepts and other technologies.
• Must have over 15+ years’ experience managing Infrastructure projects and in-depth knowledge and experience of data centers, servers, storage, and networks.
• Must have led at least three Application mapping and rationalization projects as a senior project manager. Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with peers and constituents at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated analysis and problems solving skills using innovative thinking.
• Financial analysis and project accounting skills.
• Influencing skills.
• Negotiation skills.
• Organizational skills
• Ability to develop processes to conduct and document assessments.
About Symantec (Cloud Platform Engineering)
Symantec’s new Cloud Platform Engineering team is looking for innovators to help us build a world-class cloud infrastructure from the ground up. Enjoy the creativity and freedom that you would have at a startup, but the stability of a respected Fortune 500 company…
Protecting people is an important mission, and at the end of the day, that's what we do. The Cloud Platform Engineering team has several current openings, and will continue to invest and grow this team in alignment with our long-term strategy. This is a rare opportunity you don’t want to miss.
The company has a long-term strategic commitment to the team and these new roles. Besides having a top-notch leadership team and competitive salary and benefits, we offer an open, flexible and supportive environment which will let you bring your ideas to life. We are committed to development, diversity and innovation. Are you ready to help make an impact?