Eyegroove is seeking an iOS Software Engineer for a full-time employment as part of a small startup product team. We are looking for an independent, multifaceted engineer who is an expert with iOS APIs and best practices, and who has the ability and interest to create beautiful, well-engineered interactive experiences. We are a small San Francisco startup team managing what we believe will become a huge product in the music/video space, so you should be a broadly skilled person capable of quickly adapting to changing conditions and technologies, and willing to pitch in to whatever part of the product needs attention and energy.
- Implement new user interface components of the app relating to music, video, social, and user experience, with an emphasis on the video and music creation components
- Contribute to the software architecture of the overall app and our internal libraries and tools
- Contribute to product strategy, design, and business strategy as part of a small startup team
Skills & Requirements
- A fast learner and lateral thinker, able to evaluate and assimilate new frameworks and approaches to solving a problem
- Self-motivated, with a passion for engineering and architecting well-designed, scalable, systems in a service-oriented architecture
- A skilled iOS generalist with deep knowledge of Apple frameworks and Objective-C
- Highly skilled in implementing iOS interfaces
- Comfortable both diving into open source frameworks/libraries and building your own from scratch
- More motivated by regularly shipping solid code than by engineering the "perfect" system
- An experienced developer with a history of shipping polished and functional products
These skills are rather useful
- Experience developing social photo, music, or video apps
- Experience with video compression, transcoding, playback, and delivery
- Experience in digital audio/music, music visualization, DJ, VJ, or other related fields
- Knowledge of internationalization and localization best practices
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment tools
- Video, animation, art, or music interest and training
- "Full stack" capabilities, allowing you to contribute to back-end, web, and other aspects of the product
- Experience with OpenGL and GLSL shaders
Eyegroove is a small, close-knit, deeply experienced team looking for someone to fit in with our culture of equality, mutual respect, and rabid confidence in the face of gigantic obstacles. If you want to push the limits of what is possible with music, video, and interactivity in apps and on the web; if you are in this for the long haul; and if you want to have fun doing it, email your resume and a coverletter to email@example.com. Compensation includes competitive salary, benefits, and stock options.
Joel Test score: 12 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?