Reporting into the Cloud Platform Engineering (CPE) Security Operations and Compliance group, the Cloud Security Architect will act as the SME (subject matter expert) for Cloud security architecture, standards, and guidelines. In this role he/she will be responsible for the following:
Define Security Architecture for Private Cloud
- Lead design, planning and implementation of risk mitigating security solutions
- Identify inter-dependencies of the different technologies deployed within the CPE cloud and the security relevance.
- Work closely with development teams, GSO, and Product architecture teams to guide security direction and solutions alignment with Industry best practices
- Advise on data security issues, compliance, and privacy requirements including, but not limited to FEDRAMP, HIPAA, PCI, EU Data Protection Directive, Safe harbor, and APEC.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Cloud security and associated compliance initiatives within the organization
- Perform security design reviews to asses security implications for introduction of new or differing technologies within the environment
- Research latest security best practices, staying current on new vulnerabilities and threats
Skills & Requirements
Experience with the assessment, implementation, management and documentation of a broad set of information security technologies and processes within a SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, or cloud environment
- Experience with Hadoop and OpenStack environments desired
- Experience building High Availability and Clustered solutions
- Experience integrating security in a fast paced Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment environment
- 15 years experience designing/implementing security around SaaS/IaaS applications
- IT Security certifications desired (CISSP, CISM, CISA, SANS, Security+, etc)
- BSCS, BSCE or equivalent or higher
- Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
About Symantec (Cloud Platform Engineering)
Symantec’s new Cloud Platform Engineering team is looking for innovators to help us build a world-class cloud infrastructure from the ground up. Enjoy the creativity and freedom that you would have at a startup, but the stability of a respected Fortune 500 company…
Protecting people is an important mission, and at the end of the day, that's what we do. The Cloud Platform Engineering team has several current openings, and will continue to invest and grow this team in alignment with our long-term strategy. This is a rare opportunity you don’t want to miss.
The company has a long-term strategic commitment to the team and these new roles. Besides having a top-notch leadership team and competitive salary and benefits, we offer an open, flexible and supportive environment which will let you bring your ideas to life. We are committed to development, diversity and innovation. Are you ready to help make an impact?