As a leader of IaaS OpenStack Team, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to interact closely with different development and operational teams and drive the development of Neutron/Cinder/Ceilometer/Heat features from definition through delivery. The team is responsible for creating an IaaS platform that meets the diverse needs of the Infrastructure. This candidate will work closely with OpenStack team to represent community use cases and drive feature development. You will be responsible for defining the APIs, Payloads, Code Reviews, Code Merge and designing the different components. Also, the candidate will implement the features blueprint(s) that is part of the OpenStack blueprints and contribute the code to community.
• Lead a dynamic team of engineers.
• Interface with internal teams, customers, and partners.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams and business unit leadership in developing project objectives and timelines.
• Get involved at a hands-on level designing and writing code.
• Define project and release scope.
• Develop project plans and deliverable.
• Work with the team on detailed technical design.
• Drive detailed definition of feature requirements through discussions with product managers and customers.
• Mentor junior engineers through formal and informal discussions, code reviews, design reviews, technical presentations, or as a consultant on projects.
• A Positive "can do" attitude with the ability to articulate thoughts and ideas and see them to fruition
Skills & Requirements
• Systems Engineering background is required
• Overall 6-10 years of experience in Software Development for Large Scale Production with lead experience.
• Strong Python skills
• SCM Skills (Git, gerrit, Crucible, etc), Eclipse or any IDE rabbitMQ, rpc, SQLAlchemy, MySQL/SQL Lite
• Strong Software Engineering background
• Experience in OpenStack development is a big plus
• Agile Development experience is a big plus
Education: Master's or Bachelor's degree, or its foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
About Symantec (Cloud Platform Engineering)
Symantec’s new Cloud Platform Engineering team is looking for innovators to help us build a world-class cloud infrastructure from the ground up. Enjoy the creativity and freedom that you would have at a startup, but the stability of a respected Fortune 500 company…
Protecting people is an important mission, and at the end of the day, that's what we do. The Cloud Platform Engineering team has several current openings, and will continue to invest and grow this team in alignment with our long-term strategy. This is a rare opportunity you don’t want to miss.
The company has a long-term strategic commitment to the team and these new roles. Besides having a top-notch leadership team and competitive salary and benefits, we offer an open, flexible and supportive environment which will let you bring your ideas to life. We are committed to development, diversity and innovation. Are you ready to help make an impact?