Symantec’s Cloud Platform Engineering group is responsible for the strategic architecture and deployment of our vast applications and infrastructure ecosystems that are at the core Symantec’s Cloud offering. A Platform Engineering role in Symantec’s Big Data team is an expert in the Big Data space but also has an equal passion and understanding for DevOps. As a key member of the Big Data team you will be responsible for architecting, designing and developing major components of next generation data platform in Symantec.
You will be involved in the software development lifecycle from strategy, architecture, design, implementation, testing and release with a focus on delivering solutions against business goals, technical requirements and Symantec engineering standards
* Owns responsibility for the technical development of team members and management of team tasks and goals
* Ensure Big Data service SLAs are established and service and operational metrics are collected and reviewed on a regular basis.
* Plays a key role in driving a high performance infrastructure strategy, architecture, scalability and maintenance.
* Drives implementation of key Big Data infrastructure initiatives and provides partnership to project management activities across the team.
* Ensure performance objectives are clearly set for team members consistently and actively throughout the year.
* Manages day-to-day decisions, including bug priorities, work assignments and work sequencing; and interfaces with senior management to report on project and program milestones and to present project needs.
Skills & Requirements
* Proven organizational and team building track record particularly with building high performance teams.
* Strong infrastructure project and implementation experience.
* Experience managing big data platform teams (Hadoop, Cassandra, Greenplum etc.) and infrastructure that support large scale platforms.
* Infrastructure architecture experience is desired.
* Excellent communication and relationship building skills with the ability to present and translate complex information to internal teams and leaders in relevant business terms.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
About Symantec (Cloud Platform Engineering)
Symantec’s new Cloud Platform Engineering team is looking for innovators to help us build a world-class cloud infrastructure from the ground up. Enjoy the creativity and freedom that you would have at a startup, but the stability of a respected Fortune 500 company…
Protecting people is an important mission, and at the end of the day, that's what we do. The Cloud Platform Engineering team has several current openings, and will continue to invest and grow this team in alignment with our long-term strategy. This is a rare opportunity you don’t want to miss.
The company has a long-term strategic commitment to the team and these new roles. Besides having a top-notch leadership team and competitive salary and benefits, we offer an open, flexible and supportive environment which will let you bring your ideas to life. We are committed to development, diversity and innovation. Are you ready to help make an impact?