Symantec Cloud Platform Engineering (CPE) initiative is attracting phenomenal new leadership from Google, and other industry leading companies. The newly formed CPE team will have the luxury of being a part of an established leader in the security software arena with all the rewards for contributing to a very well-funded and globally supported start-up operation! We are building our next generation cloud security platform from the ground up.
Symantec CPE team is looking for a Backbone Network Architect to design and support the next generation of multi-service global backbone network with scale and performance to meet business critical application requirements.
Ideal candidate would have extensive technology and design experience in Internet Protocols, Ethernet transport and Virtual Networks. Candidate needs to have experience in Software Networking and Virtualization, Security, Data Center architecture, and core network technology.
• Developing architectural strategy, including technology standardization and modernization of Symantec global backbone network infrastructures.
• Aligning architectural strategy with business objectives.
• Researching technologies to enhance & evolve the network infrastructure.
• Analyzing existing network structure in order to define, design and achieve simplified, modern, application-focused network architectures.
• Writing reference architectures and strategic roadmaps for network and network security technologies, and solution architectures for various infrastructure initiatives.
• Engaging operational & engineering team members in the strategy by interfacing at a technical level.
• Taking a leadership role on network infrastructure projects to design and architect large-scale networks.
• Ensuring that architecture principles and technology standards are consistently applied and updated as appropriate.
• Providing specialized technical guidance on complex architecture challenges.
• Working closely with other Architects in designing solutions that are reusable, quick to market, and lower the total cost of ownership.
Skills & Requirements
• 5+ years of network technology experience in service provider or carrier network environment
• Experience architecting and engineering a global network with complex topology.
• Strong background with Juniper, Cisco, and Arista network technology
• Heavy experiences with virtualized networking technologies include Open Stack, Juniper OpenContrail, VMware NSX, and Alcatel-Lucent Nuage…etc
• Expert knowledge and experience with networking technologies including routing (OSPF, ISIS, BGP, BFD), switching (VLAN, LAG, MC-LAG), overlay tunneling protocol (VxLAN), WAN (MPLS, RSVP, LDP), and network service technology (mpBGP, EVPN, IP-VPN, VPLS).
• Expertise designing and implementing core application services including NTP, DNS and DHCP.
About Symantec (Cloud Platform Engineering)
Symantec’s new Cloud Platform Engineering team is looking for innovators to help us build a world-class cloud infrastructure from the ground up. Enjoy the creativity and freedom that you would have at a startup, but the stability of a respected Fortune 500 company…
Protecting people is an important mission, and at the end of the day, that's what we do. The Cloud Platform Engineering team has several current openings, and will continue to invest and grow this team in alignment with our long-term strategy. This is a rare opportunity you don’t want to miss.
The company has a long-term strategic commitment to the team and these new roles. Besides having a top-notch leadership team and competitive salary and benefits, we offer an open, flexible and supportive environment which will let you bring your ideas to life. We are committed to development, diversity and innovation. Are you ready to help make an impact?