ASI is seeking an Architect to design, build, deploy and provide knowledge transfer for software framework to support business product lines for current and next generation applications. The Architect will also establish standards for development of software applications. Will also research and recommend future technologies and solutions that are flexible, stable and scalable which will provide ASI with a competitive advantage is required. Must be able to travel to our sister company, ASI Computer Systems, located in Cedar Falls, Iowa as needed.
- Meets project goals and deadlines as specified by project plans.
- Ensures the timely completion of all projects.
- Identifies issues as they arise and provides assistance as needed to development team.
- Consistently designs flexible, scalable and stable frameworks and solutions.
- Maintains consistent communication and status updates to architecture team and management.
- Participates in architecture team discussions.
- Provides assistance to team members with suggestions or ideas on how project issues can be addressed.
- Establishes standards for development and the appropriate technologies to be utilized.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor degree in technology related fields like computer science, math or engineering.
- 7+ years hands-on experience with system design and architecture.
- Implementation in .NET (v.1.1 to recent) and related technologies.
- At least 3 yrs exp w/ LINQ2SQL is a must.
- Exp with OOA, OOD, OOP.
- Strong Design Patterns exp required.
- N-Tier development exp required.
- Database Design and Object Relational Mapping Design and Implementation exp required.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Cross-browser development experience including IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera on both mobile and desktop clients.
- IIS and SQL Server Administration experience.
- Knowledge of ENDECA is a plus.
- Knowledge of Telerik is a plus.
- Knowledge of TFS.
- Expertise in using VisualStudio is a must.
ASI offers a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, 401(k) with company match, seven paid holidays, paid time off (PTO) and much more. Visit our company career web site at www.asicareers.com. Take this opportunity to join our successful team! Apply today! EOE m/f/d/v.
4800 Street Rd.
Human Resources: email@example.com
Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) is the largest business-to-business media organization for the promotional product and advertising industry, offering award-winning publishing, marketing and ASI e-commerce services to over 27,000 members. We produce catalogs, directories, newsletters, magazines, web sites, databases and cutting-edge interactive business tools.
Awarded one of the 'Best Places to Work' on the Philadelphia Business Journal's list of mid-size businesses for providing exceptional benefits and programs for our employees. We also employ the latest technologies while maintaining a family-friendly environment for nearly 400 employees, headquartered in Trevose, PA. We offer on-site day care, café, car service, car wash and dry cleaning service. Visit us at www.asicentral.com.
Joel Test score: 11 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?