All of our staff is focused on User Experience, it’s what sets us apart, and our developers are no different. We are a multi-disciplinary team of product owners, designers, engineers, and testers. Your role would be to collaborate closely with the team to create innovative, usable, great-looking products.
- Work closely with users, product management, and other engineers to define requirements, user workflows and UI mockups.
- Build wireframes and mockups.
- Convert designs and workflows into an experience the user adopts.
- Create beautiful user interfaces that are a pleasure to use.
Why Work Here?
We pride ourselves on creating great user experiences and that takes work - we're passionate about the workflow, the look and feel, and what the user's real problems are and how to solve them. We'll debate each other on the right course of action and then decompress during company-paid team building activities like go-cart racing, paintball, Top Golf outings, etc. or group lunches.
Skills & Requirements
- Ability to brainstorm with other team members and give and take constructive feedback.
- We prefer at least a bachelor’s degree in technical or mathematical field of study, but we understand that sometimes experience is the best teacher.
- Having at least three years of experience is preferable.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and a desire to stay ahead-of-the-curve by learning new emerging technologies.
- Requires an active security clearance and/or the ability to attain a clearance.
- Demonstrated experience in designing usable interfaces for multiple platforms.
- Familiarity with design techniques, such as, storyboarding, user research and wireframes required.
- Strong technical knowledge of at least one modern programming language.
Additional Preferred Skills
- Mobile design experience
- Android Development
About Ringtail Design
Ringtail Design is a small company started in Austin, TX and expanded to Arlington, VA. We have a singular focus: to delight users with our software. We are flexible in hours, dress code and development environments and are looking for talented developers who can add to our team. We serve the men and women who risk their lives for us. We do all we can to help them make accurate, timely decisions. We offer a great compensation program and frequently enjoy activities outside the office.together as a team.