- Do you crave action, even when it pulls you in many different directions simultaneously?
- Are you at a your very best when there’s a mess to be cleaned up?
- Do you yearn to be the one people rely on most?
- Do you actively seek out problems to solve?
- Do you love helping lots of people out with their diverse set of problems?
If your answer to these questions is an enthusiastic “yes”! Then you may be the person we’re looking for to join our team.
The Marcus Buckingham Company (TMBC) is looking for a PHP Developer who is dedicated to their craft, writes code they are proud of and can hit the ground running.
You will be a part of a creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching.
The individual filling this position needs to be a talented PHP developer with proven web development experience writing PHP code from scratch, a strong knowledge of the core API, familiarity with one or more frameworks, and thorough understanding of programming concepts and data structures.
This position will be located in our offices in Beverly Hills, California.
Please submit your cover letter, salary expectations and resume to the following: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no recruiters or personnel agencies.
No phone calls or walk-ins.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Skills & Requirements
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Writes clean, well designed code
- Reviews and provides comprehensive feedback on software specifications and requirements.
- Develops new features
- Participates in a team–oriented environment to develop complex web-based applications
- Maintains and supports existing codebase, to include identifying bugs, optimizing code, fixing bugs and adding new features
- Tests new and existing code for defects and reports these defects in the tracking system.
Education and Experience
- 2+ years experience in professional web development position or commensurate education/internship experience
- 2+ years experience with developing in PHP backend coding (Models, Controllers, Views, Libraries).
- 2+ years experience in SQL Scripting (In line SQL, stored procedures, user defined functions) or commensurate education/internship experience
- 2+ years experience developing in Java Script with extensive jQuery experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of web technologies including HTML, CSS, and XML
- Bug Fixing – Quality Assurance Tools such as Bugzilla
Nice to Have:
- MySQL – Database administration
- Server Support (Linux/CentOS, Windows)
- Networking Concepts
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Hardworking, smart, with a great work ethic
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- Software and Technology research and analysis with recommendations
- Ability to work in a small dynamic team
- Ability to work in a fast paced, always changing environment
About The Marcus Buckingham Company (TMBC)
Founded in 2006, The Marcus Buckingham Company creates strengths-based leadership development solutions to build winning workforces. We deliver tools and training programs that challenge everyone to pinpoint, sharpen and apply their unique competitive edge. Our partnership with you has one distinct goal—to help you build a winning workforce in which your people are excited to volunteer their best work every day. We offer customized solutions for your enterprise to drive engagement, keep top talent, and build better leaders. Our solutions combine Excellence in Action research, training & certifications, cloud-based technologies, expert 1:1 coaching, world-class keynotes, and strategic consulting.