As a senior member of the web development team, your primary purpose will be to code highly efficient and scalable software to maintain, extend and enhance Kathmandu’s eCommerce website. You will work on multiple projects and operational improvements to support the strategies for ecommerce and be responsible for ensuring that all development meets coding standards is completed to schedule.
This position involves working as a member of the development team focusing on Magento development.The main responsibilities of this position include the delivery of online projects and system changes into the operational environment.
- Assisting the Web Analyst in producing technical design documentation when required.
- Ensuring code and other development is thoroughly documented.
- Identifying and reporting defects, working with the Test Analyst to assist in resolution.
- Assisting with the implementation and rollback of development changes, be they code or infrastructural. You will also play a pivotal role in the development of automated workflows and the implementation of Continuous Integration.
- Ensuring latest versions of code are up to date in source control (GIT) and that code reviews are undertaken as part of standard daily practice.
Skills & Requirements
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Exceptional understanding of development methodologies and best-practices.
- Thorough understanding of the development lifecycle and change management practices.
- Unit testing will be a standard part of your development workflow and evangelised.
- Fluent in the principles of OOD / OOP, with an expert knowledge of PHP5+, XML/XPath/XSLT, SQL and Linux system administration.
- Experience designing highly scalable / available systems including load balancing and various caching techniques.
- Ability to work with external development teams and contractors.
- Experience within eCommerce and integrating to external systems.
- Magento certification strongly preferred.
For us living the dream is individually defined. It may be the moment you decide to escape for a weekend away of adventure or seeing those hard earned savings turn into an around the world ticket to destinations unexplored and fitting your essential world into a backpack. Whatever the dream, it’s about getting out there and having fun – however you define it. The right personal attributes that align with Kathmandu’s friendly and open culture and values is paramount; we are our Brand, and have affinity for travel and adventure lifestyle pursuits, we want you to understand our passion too.
Kathmandu offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with level of experience, fantastic staff discounts, and a relaxed and friendly team environment. We will assist with relocation costs for any overseas candidates.
About Kathmandu Ltd
Kathmandu is a leading international retailer of clothing and equipment for travel and adventure. An inspirational iconic brand synonymous with adventure, innovation and passion with over 1500 team members working in over a hundred stores, distribution centres and offices spread throughout Australia, New Zealand and the UK. Our core purpose is to ‘inspire and enable people to live their dreams of travel and adventure’ and at Kathmandu we see our team members as integral to delivering that purpose.