NY/London based diversified alternative investment manager seeking a Front Office Developer with minimum of three (3) years’ experience doing application development. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of creating high-quality products.
As a member of the Front Office Development team, you will be ingrained in the firm's multi-billion dollar investment strategies--building tools that are integral to the success of our business. The role is exciting and fast paced. It allows developers to interface directly with end-users and provides the opportunity to see the impact of their work in real time.
***Candidates with an interest in finance and economics encouraged to apply.***
- Analyze and translate business requirements into technical requirements for development.
- Research and evaluate solutions and recommend implementations.
- Create software for the strategy/research and risk departments in support of portfolio managers, analysts and traders. Solutions must be consistent with Company’s software development standards.
- Strong contributions to the Rapid Application Development process including: design, development and deployment. High levels of quality in design and code will be expected for extensibility and maintainability, as well as for performance and scalability.
- Provide post implementation support to include: monitoring application performance and debugging existing code.
- Ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved by producing testable code.
- Continuously expand industry and technical knowledge.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years .Net application development and support experience within financial services
- SQL Server 2008 and above. SQL Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions.
- C# (Win Forms Preferred).
- MS Excel VBA.
- Subversion or other or other Source Control System.
- Strong Object Oriented Programming (OOP) knowledge.
- Accurate, high-speed application development.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proactive and flexible approach to work with effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of structured products / fixed income.
- WCF (Windows Communication Foundation) preferred.
- LINQ, Nhibernate or other ORM preferred.
- Working knowledge of Sybase IQ preferred.
About MKP Capital Management
MKP Capital Management is a diversified alternative investment manager with over $8 billion in assets under management and offices in New York and London. The Firm has operated with a long-term approach to alternative investing since its founding in 1995. MKP invests across global markets, including U.S. and global rates, currencies, credit, equities and commodities through its discretionary global macro and credit strategies. Each investment strategy shares the objective of producing high risk-adjusted returns over the long term in a risk-controlled manner.
How to apply
- Apply by attaching your resume to an email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org In the subject line PLEASE SPECIFY: displayid: 2014-1074
- If you have time to fill out a candidate profile, please apply through MKP's career portal at the following link: https://jobs-mkpcap.icims.com/jobs/1074/front-office-developer/job