Location:Santa Clara, CA, USPosted Date:2014-09-03 00:00:00.0
About the Job
This position offers an opportunity to build client applications and tools for our server side streaming technologies. You will work on native applications for iOS and Android based devices that showcase the technology features implemented at server. Additionally, you would play a pivotal role in building tools and prototypes that provide supporting ecosystem for key product features.
The ideal candidate will have good understanding of HTTP, mobile streaming technologies, right mix of creativity and technical savvy, and willingness to adopt emerging web technologies.
This role provides an opportunity to define client side implementations for some very exciting products spanning across multiple technologies, and consumed by millions of end users.
About the Team
The candidate will be part of the highly skilled Media and CDN engineering team that's responsible for the software that runs Akamai's world-wide network, one of the largest distributed systems in the world. Our software is a combination of many different technologies. It is a web server, a web client, a distributed caching engine, media streaming server, and much more. It provides a scalable, fault tolerant solution to web sites for handling their traffic, does HTTP HD streaming, determines the fastest route from point A to point B, hops around bottlenecks on the Internet, provides security, and provides a wide array of reporting abilities for our Network Operations Command Center and our customers.
* Create and maintain native applications for product demo in high visibility trade shows.
* Design and implement prototypes for proof of concepts in fast iterative cycle.
* Interact with developer and support teams to conceptualize tools based on high level designs to improve supportability.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
* 1+ years of HTTP programming.
* 1+ years of client side streaming frameworks.
Experience in any 4 of the following:
* Knowledge of HTTP based streaming protocols (HLS, HDS).
* HTML5 video.
* REST methodology.
* jQuery/mobile jQuery.
* 2+ years of iOS apps development (Xcode).
* 1+ years of Objective-C.
* Ruby on Rails.
* MPEG-TS/RTMP/MPEG Container Format.
* H264/AAC Codec Format.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and problem solving / troubleshooting skills.
* Highly driven, hands-on, self-motivating, self-learning team player with a great can-do attitude.
* Is relocation available for this position: No
* Is US Citizenship required: No
* Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
About AkamaiAkamai® is the leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere. At the core of the company’s solutions is the Akamai Intelligent Platform™ providing extensive reach, coupled with unmatched reliability, security, visibility and expertise. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to securely leverage the cloud. To learn more about how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, please visit www.akamai.com and follow @Akamai on Twitter.
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply? Join our Talent Community.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. EEO is the Law