Location:Santa Clara, CA, USPosted Date:2014-06-03 00:00:00.0
About the Job
This position will offer the opportunity to test software that runs one of the largest distributed systems in the world. You will be an integral part of our aggressive growth strategy for creating highly inventive technology solutions for our customers, driving more and more traffic on the Internet.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, highly productive engineer who will be validating the quality of our software components. The role encompasses formulating and building extensive test cases and methodologies to verify new functionalities and features for different releases, identifying defects and areas of optimizations, and applying innovative software testing methodologies.
About the Team
The Web Security Team is focused on leveraging Akamai's core strengths of its highly distributed cloud based platform that already serves up to 30% of the traffic on the web and the massive amount of HTTP data it has access to as a result to define industry leading web security products that provides rapid visibility and controls for protection against constantly changing attack profiles. As a part of The Web Security Team, you'll be working on innovating and developing new and groundbreaking Security products in the largest scale exists with real time needs and world impact.
* Scope out comprehensive test plans based on the design requirements and code changes.
* Execute tests on a large-scale distributed test network.
* Maintain/enhance/develop test tools and automation frameworks.
* Benchmark various server metrics, across releases/hardware, to ensure quality and high performance.
* Investigate and analyze root causes of technical issues/performance bottlenecks.
* Verify and validate the server using white-box/functional/stress testing techniques.
* Mentor and train team members.
* Education: Bachelor’s degree or a Masters Degree in a CS-related field.
* 2+ years experience programming in at least one language (C, C++, Perl, Python, etc.).
* 1+ year of hands-on experience working in Unix/Linux.
* Good understanding of networking concepts, web technologies, protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP.
* Working knowledge of Perl/Python or any scripting languages preferred.
* Experience with development Automation tests.
* Experience with web application firewall (WAF) concepts and technologies
About AkamaiAkamai® is the leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere. At the core of the company’s solutions is the Akamai Intelligent Platform™ providing extensive reach, coupled with unmatched reliability, security, visibility and expertise. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to securely leverage the cloud. To learn more about how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, please visit www.akamai.com and follow @Akamai on Twitter.
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply? Join our Talent Community.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. EEO is the Law