Location:Santa Clara, CA, USPosted Date:2014-04-18 00:00:00.0
About the Job
You will be part of a technical team that is working on an exciting new product that will ultimately transform how high-definition content is delivered. You will succeed in overcoming the numerous challenges presented in such a project but most of all; your efforts will make the Internet better for millions of people.
About the Team
Close knit, jovial, knowledgeable, and friendly. We value what you know and what you bring to our team. Our goal is to have the right office culture so that our employees enjoy their work along with the many technical challenges it brings.
* Review and understand product requirements
* Use a systematic approach in testing against product requirements, design, and implementation
* Develop and continuously improve automated test suites
* Perform manual testing as needed
* Analyze test results for potential performance and behavior issues and communicate to the dev team
* Work closely with the dev team to help shape the product
* Troubleshoot system performance at a very large scale, often with incomplete information
* Education: Bachelor's degree or 2+ years of software dev testing experience
* 5+ years of experience in software product testing
* 2+ years of experience in test automation
* 2+ years of testing under Linux
* 2+ years of experience with at least one of the following scripting languages: bash, perl, python
* 2+ years of experience with bug tracking systems such as Bugzilla, Trac, Jira
* 2+ years of experience with version control systems such as svn, git, or perforce
* Experience testing large scale systems such as web front ends, SaaS solutions, and CDNs
* Extensive experience with testing applications built on top of HTTP/TCP/UDP
* Experience in Android or iOS testing
* Experience using tools such as wireshark and dummynet/netem for network testing
* Self motivated, communicates well, and learns quickly
* Is relocation available for this position: No
* Is US Citizenship required: No
* Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
About AkamaiAkamai® is the leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere. At the core of the company’s solutions is the Akamai Intelligent Platform™ providing extensive reach, coupled with unmatched reliability, security, visibility and expertise. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to securely leverage the cloud. To learn more about how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, please visit www.akamai.com and follow @Akamai on Twitter.
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply? Join our Talent Community.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. EEO is the Law