Location:Santa Clara, CA, USPosted Date:2013-12-02 00:00:00.0
About the Job
This position will offer the opportunity to work on software that runs one of the largest distributed systems in the world. You will be an integral part of our aggressive growth strategy for creating highly inventive technology solutions for our customers, driving more and more traffic on the Internet. If you want to work on technology problems that are interesting and challenging, then this is the role for you.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated to design and develop innovative solutions via multi-threaded code in C or C++. This person takes pride in writing maintainable and highly reliable code. This person should be able to understand the big picture of the product and improve performance and reliability of various system resources. This person will work closely with many other internal teams inside the company and should be able to conduct design and code reviews.
About the Team
Web Experience security team has responsible for design and development of technology that helps customers to protect their web sites and secure the transactions over the web. Our Kona Web Security product is designed to provide superior cloud computing security, prevent data theft and downtime and mitigate denial of service attacks. In addition, this group is building unique technology that can secure the cloud and make it a safe place to do millions of transactions. Akamai has built a massive global distributed network that can solve problems at a scale that few others can approach. By leveraging our deployment of servers around the world, we can uniquely solve technology problems with innovative solutions that exceed the fundamental limitations of networking.
* Create new features from scratch, enhance existing features and optimize existing functionality, from conception and design through testing and deployment
* Work on projects that make our network more stable, faster, and secure.
* Work with our development QA and system QA teams to come up with regression tests that cover new changes to our software.
* Work with our 3rd level engineering support to troubleshoot complex problems our network for our customers.
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience.
* 10+ years of software development experience
* 7+ years of experience with C and / or C++ on Linux or a Unix based OS
* 5+ years of experience working with Internet protocols including HTTP, TCP/IP
* 5+ years of strong expertise with building scalable multi-threaded server applications
* Proven track record of delivering large amounts of high quality, complex code
* Highly responsible, self-disciplined, self-managed, self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision.
* Extensive experience working on multiple projects at a time in a fast paced, results oriented environment.
* Experience with the complete software development life cycle, from product requirements to product architecture, design, implementation, testing, and release.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Experience with operating system internals and distributed systems, or server architectures.
* Experience with API development.
* Proxy server development will be plus.
* ERP: Ghost
* Is relocation available for this position: No
* Is US Citizenship required: No
* Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Akamai® is the leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere. At the core of the company’s solutions is the Akamai Intelligent Platform™ providing extensive reach, coupled with unmatched reliability, security, visibility and expertise. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to securely leverage the cloud. To learn more about how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, please visit www.akamai.com and follow @Akamai on Twitter.
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply? Join our Talent Community.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. EEO is the Law