Our tagline says it all: People want to find trusted professionals for projects in their biggest and most precious asset: their homes. Redbeacon solves the problem by making the process easier, faster, and most importantly, guaranteed. Building products for the web, mobile, and the aisles of the America’s largest home-improvement retailer, we’ve got a fierce startup culture where we move fast and take risks.
Three ex-Googlers founded Redbeacon with fanfare by landing funding with Mayfield Fund and Venrock and by winning the top prize at the 2009 TechCrunch 50, the SAI Startup 2010, and 2011 Always on 250. In January 2012, The Home Depot acquired Redbeacon, a move that ensures Redbeacon’s mission will reach customers in each of The Home Depot’s 2000+ stores.
The Redbeacon office is the kind of place where you brainstorm in the morning can be implemented and launched in the afternoon. The company environment is friendly, competitive, passionate, and hardworking — our employees represent 7 different countries, 10 U.S. states, and dozens of top-tier universities, including Princeton, Harvard, and MIT.
The Redbeacon philosophy relies heavily on working hard and playing hard: Life at Redbeacon includes company ski trips, wine tastings, and work-abroad opportunities. Sound like a good time? Keep reading and see why The Home Depot acquired Redbeacon not only for its cutting-edge technology, but also for its best-of-the-Valley talent.
About the Job:
- Guide the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by millions of users
- Serve as a thought leader, mentor, and go-to person for 25 engineers on technical, architecture, design and related issues across multiple platforms
- Capable of technical deep-dives into code, networking, operating systems and storage yet verbally and cognitively agile enough to hold your own in a strategy discussion with The Home Depot
- Strong ability to see the 'big picture' and able to implement strategies that align tasks/people/requirements for success in meeting goals
- That rare mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of technically astute teams across the company
- Strong system architecture thinking combined with hands-on code development skills
- Able to design and write well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs
- You are able to present your work, both verbally and in writing, to diverse audiences including customers, technical colleagues, and management
- Understand and deal well with rapid development cycles; remain flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- Brand new state-of-the-art office space overlooking the Bay with shuttles to and from Caltrain and San Francisco
- Bike, skateboard and scooter friendly office space
- Fully paid monthly Clipper passes
- Ordered-in lunch every day of the week
- Great benefits: medical/vision insurance, 401(k) matching program, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), Restrict Stock Units (RSUs)
- 3 weeks of vacation per year
- Gym/wellness reimbursement
- Company match for charitable gifts
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Kitchen stocked with organic fruit, snacks and beverages (keg on tap, unlimited Redbulls and espressos!)
- And much more!!!!
Take a look at what it's like to work at Redbeacon: