Changing the world is all in a day's work at Apple. If you love innovation, here's your chance to make a career of it. You'll work hard. But the job comes with more than a few perks.
Join Apple's Corporate Systems team as a Front End Web Developer to build exciting products. This role will drive the front end application architecture, design, implementation (code quality), and maintenance of Apple's Corporate Systems solutions. The candidate must possess excellent leadership skills, be a pro-active solution-oriented individual with strong written and verbal communication skills. You will also enjoy the benefits of working in a fast growing business where you are encouraged to "Think Different" and where your efforts play a key role in the success of Apple's business.
• Lead the front end web development and delivery of our web based online solutions. Strong verbal and written communication skills are crucial to this position as the candidate will interact heavily with business, and other IT groups on an ongoing basis.
• Developing and implementing best in class solutions that are fully integrated with Apple’s Information Technology standards and demonstrating best practices
• Oversee the technical aspect of the front end delivery for multiple projects, setting the technical direction, providing leadership and mentoring while delivering Apple-quality results
• Lead a strong front end development team and review deliverables for accuracy and completeness
• Build a strong partnership with the business to ensure their expectations are met and managed
• Investigate and evangelize the latest web technologies across the larger organization while considering larger IS&T standards and direction
Skills & Requirements
•At least 7 years of experience in building large scale consumer facing web applications
•Deep understanding of front end engineering principles and experience with front end technologies and frameworks
•Have implemented HTML5 and Responsive / Adaptive Web Design
•Experience in AJAX, XML, JSON
•Experience with JS Libraries (jQuery, Dojo, YUI)
•Experience with JS MVC frameworks (AngularJS, Backbone.js, CanJS, etc)
•Possess firm knowledge of cross-browser, cross-platform & cross-device compatibility standards and behaviors
•Experience with CSS3 animations is nice to have
•Experience using other dynamic web application languages (JSP, PHP, XSLT) is a plus
•Passion to stay ahead of the curve on front end technology and development trends in the industry
•Ability to support multiple projects at the same time
•Proven ability to manage to deadlines and meet cost constraints
•Excellent communication, leadership and presentation skills
•Keen eye for detail and experience collaborating with design teams to deliver world class web experiences
•Passion for creating Apple-quality customer interactions
•High ownership, self-sufficient, hands-on leader to drive quality and maintain application stability
•Must be able to brainstorm and communicate technology ideas and issues with peers and IT management
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years of industry experience OR 8-10 years of equivalent industry experience with a proven track record of leadership
Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
How to apply
To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser: