Location:Pasadena, CA, USPosted Date:2014-07-10 00:00:00.0
About the Job
You will be joining an Akamai engineering team to work on a new product that is in the early R&D phase. Our team is executing on a vision that will transform our business unit in the foreseeable future.
You will be part of a technical team that will toil but ultimately succeed in overcoming the numerous known and unknown challenges with delivering ever-increasing volume of high-definition video content reaching an ever-expanding live audience.
You have the opportunity to make the Internet faster.
About the Team
Close knit, jovial, knowledgeable, and friendly. We value what you know and how you can help the team. Our goal is to have the right culture at the office so people are motivated, enjoy the many technical challenges, and grow professionally with the team and company.
* Invent sensible new solutions to existing and new problems.
* Write good code and develop high quality media streaming product.
* Troubleshoot (successfully) system performance at a very large scale, often with incomplete information.
* Better the team with a multiplicative effect.
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience.
* 5+ years of experience with C and / or C++ on Linux or a Unix based OS.
* 2+ years of experience working with Internet protocols including HTTP, TCP/IP.
* Experience with STL.
* Experience working with boost libraries.
* Experience with multi-threaded programming.
* Worked on bringing at least one product successfully to market.
* Experience with network programming using async I/O.
* Good understanding of the elements of a good design.
* Prefers modular design and composition over tight coupling and inheritance.
* Good insight into how design choices can impact performance.
* Experience in Android or iOS development.
* Experience using tools such as wireshark and dummynet/netem for network testing.
* Experience with streaming and CDN.
* Listens well and learns quickly.
* Can contribute to the team starting on day two.
* Is relocation available for this position: No
* Is US Citizenship required: No
* Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
About AkamaiAkamai® is the leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere. At the core of the company’s solutions is the Akamai Intelligent Platform™ providing extensive reach, coupled with unmatched reliability, security, visibility and expertise. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to securely leverage the cloud. To learn more about how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, please visit www.akamai.com and follow @Akamai on Twitter.
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply? Join our Talent Community.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. EEO is the Law