Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage and drive to completion complex Data center migration initiatives.
- Ensure planning, documentation, and execution compliance will all relevant laws and Code
- Create a strong disciplined approach to infrastructure DataCenter migration activities and coordinates project management capability on the team.
- Launch Infrastructure Program Governance and Communication Framework to drive transparency and provide a clear view into program issues and risks.
- Drive issue resolution, decision-making and accountability across all IT and business teams.
- Manage to an Infrastructure financial budget ensuring accountability and robust management of all migration factories
- Create and execute on a full datacenter migration specification document including ;
- Reference Designs (existing or model DataCenter specifications)
- App Criticality (application inventory showing criticality and business characteristics with the impact of each level on design)
- Network Design and User Requirements Documentation
- Room specifications ( physical security, fire suppression, raised floor, power capacity)
- Room Plan (including floor plan with rows, rack and non-rack compliant devices, etc.)
- Rack-level specifications (wiring, SAN, power/cooling, etc.)
- Phase-in Plan (incremental deployment instructions by rack, installation instructions, etc.)
- Growth Plan (TCOs, water supply piping, electrical runs, CRACs, UPSs, PDUs, according to Initial and max potential loads)
- Process specifications (project planning according to the system and process build outs, detailed work breakdown structure)
- Inventory (existing and to-be purchase component list, hardware and software)
- Physical characteristics of the room (ceiling height, etc.)
- Laws or code requiring compliance
- Standards we are obligated to meet (TIA 942, etc.)
- Physical characteristics of the delivery path (elevator weight capacity, etc.)
- Migration Preferences (nice to have compliance areas but not necessarily hard constraints)
Skills & Requirements
- 3 to 5 years of infrastructure and datacenter migration experience
- 3 to 5 datacenter migration projects
- Knowledge of IT Standards, Methodologies, CMM and audit requirements
- Expertise in financial management and strong business acumen
- Global infrastructure knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred or 5-10 years of equivalent work experience required.
- Experience implementing data security and encryption.
- Experience Integrating several third part systems.
- Experience working with Data Migration and Integration from/with legacy systems
- Experience Ability to manage complex multi-dimension time bound projects for internal and external customers
- Innovative, creative problem solver and result oriented.
- Aptitude for learning and can maximize resources, while possessing a sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of various project methodologies like Agile, Scrum, and PMP preferred
About Nagarro Software Pvt. ltd
Nagarro specializes in building complex, business-critical software and IT projects for leading companies across multiple industries. Headquartered in Silicon Valley and a member of the Allgeier Group in Germany, Nagarro is recognized worldwide for its technical expertise, agile deployment, and bedrock commitment to customer service. In particular, successful companies around the globe leverage Nagarro’s technology expertise to meet their strategic objectives with confidence and ensure proven best practices.
Nagarro's services offerings include: solution strategy and roadmap consulting, system architecture and user experience design, development of custom applications like collaboration portals, executive dashboards and mobile applications, enterprise integration, big data and analytics, legacy/ mainframe modernization, maintenance and support.
Nagarro is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for application development, collaboration and content.
As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Custom Development Solutions, and SOA and Business Process, our qualified .NET development engineers develop specialized applications that often integrate with enterprise systems to meet our clients’ business requirements. As an SAP NetWeaver partner, our SAP consultants develop flexible collaborative applications to meet the unique business needs of our clients worldwide.
Nagarro has also been named to the Global Outsourcing 100® List by the IAOP® (International Association of Outsourcing Professionals®), earning the highest possible scores in three categories – Customer References, Employee Management and Executive Leadership. Identifying Nagarro among the 25 “Rising Stars”, this ranking reinforces Nagarro’s reputation as a top global provider of business-critical outsourced IT services. Strong domain expertise, combined with more than a decade of software development experience, has helped Nagarro to become a strategic development partner for our clients.