Unity Technologies is looking for a software developer for the Infrastructure Team. This team develops and maintains back-end tools and Unity features used internally as well as by our many users worldwide.
If you want to be part of a company which makes a difference for game developers, join us in our efforts to make the Unity product even better so our customers can be more successful.
The job is a development position for someone with superior programming and problem-solving skills. You will be programming in a wide range of programming languages and environments, and it's expected that you are able to describe in detail, and preferably show examples of, the sorts of tools and systems you have developed in the past. Unity is being used by more than 600.000 users regularly worldwide.
Things you’ll work on:
- Installers plus deployment and versioning strategies for Unity
- Participating in the work related to modularization of the product
- Localization tools for use worldwide
- Maintain and, when possible, refactor our existing codebase
- Occasionally deal with support cases to help our customers
Skills & Requirements
- Experience from developing and maintaining standard software products used internationally
- Development of installer and knowledge of deployment processes, ideally on both Windows and OS X/Linux
- Programming experience from one or more of the following languages/technologies: C#, C++, node.js, Perl
- Experience from working worked in geographically distributed teams
- Focus on completing assigned tasks as well as being open about any blockers preventing you from finishing a task
- Focus on developing maintainable and testable code
- Ability to navigate inside a relatively young and dynamic company, without loosing focus on longer term goals
- Experience from the Game Industry is a plus, but not a requirement
The team and the position is located in Copenhagen, Denmark. There is an opportunity to work out of another office, however this requires several years of experience with working in distributed teams.
For more information about the position please contact Infrastructure Team Lead Rasmus Selsmark at: Rasmuss@unity3d.com
About Unity Technologies
The X-Factor of The Unity Team:
Every person at Unity Technologies has an inherent passion and driven spirit. We all know Unity’s story – and though it’s been an incredible journey to the present, we believe the best is yet to come as the Unity platform continues to revolutionize the way games and interactive 3D are created. Our teams work with developers, artists, and entrepreneurs worldwide to bring a visually-stunning, easily-deployable, and powerful development platform to its users. It’s not enough to be able to do the job – we’re looking for people that color outside the lines, are looking to be freed from the process tangle, and can dream big!
Working at Unity:
We are product-driven, curious, and creative. Our offices worldwide nurture an environment where employees are given opportunities to unleash their potential, push boundaries, and work on complex challenges. The Unity engine is a flexible 3D development application that combines usability and raw engineering power. We aggressively reinvest in development to keep Unity moving and evolving - from expanding usability and power, to platform reach. Every employee at Unity contributes to driving this company and its technology forward, reaching and supporting new markets and ensuring the Unity Community is among the most vocal, nurtured, and supported in the world.
Want to Join our Ranks?
Our recruiting team can answer questions about life at Unity or about specific opportunities. Chat with us on Skype: unity_careers. If you would like to apply for a specific position, please click on the link above.