Flighthub.com is looking for a full-time PHP Developer
This role will see you working as part of a friendly, expert team in a fast growing, fast-paced environment. We use the best technologies and methodologies in the industry to provide you with the best tools to write and deploy good code.
We are located in Ville Saint-Laurent in Montreal, Canada.
Skills & Requirements
Knowledge you must have
- PHP 5.3+, Namespacing, OOP
- At least one PHP Frameworks (Symfony, Laravel, CakePHP, etc)
- PHPUnit, Composer
- Some of these: SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL), noSQL (Mongo, Couchbase), Cache (APC, Redis, Memcached)
Useful knowledge or knowledge you want to have
- Agile methodology
- Test Driven Development
- Database Abstraction
- HTML, CSS
- Development & consumption of HTTP APIs
Flighthub.com is one of Canada's fastest growing companies. We are an online travel agency that is passionately focused on improving the experience of buying and managing your flight plans. Founded in early 2012, we are an expert team of internet marketers and engineers that strongly believe that technology can solve almost any problem. Flighthub has seen tremendous growth over the last year and we are looking for smart and talented individuals to become part of our team.
Joel Test score: 8 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?