Looking for someone to take the lead to build and enhance third-party integrations with our platform. Including but not limited to: MailChimp, Constant Contact, Shopify, Magento, Listrak and Bronto. Expected to plan, build, and deploy with minimal guidance. If you like working with APIs, architecting backend services and have a strong desire to make things work right then this job is for you!
We've built out 2 integrations so far and now need someone to take this and run with it. We're a small team so everyone is responsible to prioritize and build independency. We deploy feature by feature and use pull requests for feedback and communication. Just recently we redefined our backend code structure and service architecture. It's an exciting time to come on board!
We have an office right outside of Washington DC in Falls Church, VA. You can work there or from the comfort of your home office anywhere in the United States
Skills & Requirements
- Experience consuming HTTP APIs
- Good understanding of data persistence technologies (Postgres and Redis)
- Experience working with server side languages. We currently use Ruby.
- Passionate about technology and web applications
- Love working in an agile, sometimes fast-moving and changing environment
- Comfortable working a distributed, semi-virtual environment (voice and video chats are a norm)
- Comfortable giving and taking open and honest feedback from coworkers (who will also become your friends)
- Able to take minimal direction from others but in return provide maximum direction for yourself (and sometimes others.)
- Bachelor's degree in something
- Excellent working knowledge of object oriented programming
- Can actually create kick-ass code
We're building out the next generation marketing platform that connects together traditional email marketing into the social world. While we get to do the complicated stuff on the backend we try to keep it as simple as possible for the user to use.
We've been around for 5 years in the social advertising space and managed more than $250 million in Facebook ad spend. Have managed many of the world's leading brands including Samsung, McDonalds, PepsiCo, Target, University of Phoenix, Walmart and Zynga.
We love technology, learning and building great software. Not only do we keep up with the latest tech, we're generally ahead (beta's and alpha's.) We provide recent hardware and make sure you have all the right accessories to do what you need to do (video camera, keyboard, mouse, headsets, etc.) Everyone meets up in person 2-3 times a year for a get together.
- Full health, dental and vision packages are provided.
- Everyone gets a Raspberry Pi to hack on and generally just have fun with.
- Books and online training is also provided for your continued growth and enjoyment.
- Use whatever OS you would like (most of us are on mac's with a little linux+windows mixed in.)
- Be yourself.
- Teach and empower those around you
- Continuously learn and share with others
- Strive for excellence and beauty
- Be fun and enthusiastic
- Embrace and drive change
- Build open and honest relationships with communication
- Promote simplicity and clarity
For more information, see http://sprucemail.com.
Joel Test score: 11 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?