WANTED: Food lover. Design meets data-minded engineer. Entrepreneur at heart.
Cookbrite is using data analytics to change how food is used worldwide. How many people do you know that eat? Exactly. This is BIG. We are offering an opportunity to join a group of brilliant technologists, world-class designers and successful entrepreneurs who are passionate about impacting the lives of real people on a global scale. We are handpicking a small team of designers and engineers at the top of their game who will be bringing the Cookbrite experience to market.
Curious about what we are working on?
- Design-led user experience using state-of-the-art design methods
- Full ecosystem of tightly integrated software and hardware
- Data analytics of terabytes/petabytes of never-before-accessed data
- Worldwide consumer micro-transaction marketplace
- On-demand audio and video streaming to mobile endpoints
- Sub 1 sec data response times at mobile endpoints
- Global language and currency support
- New methods of data acquisition
- New breed of search known as an “inference engine”
- Android, iOS and web app
Skills & Requirements
The Android Developer and Designer will help us create an inspiring mobile Cookbrite user experience. We are a design led company with a focus on the function and beauty of every pixel that comprises our app.
The ideal candidate has the ability to ship apps, use performance analysis tools and deploy automatic testing tools. You should also be passionate or willing to learn about agile development, working in a test driven environment and continuous integration over multiple platforms. In return, we offer you a career-defining role, an opportunity to grow with the company, work with multiple cutting edge technologies, state-of-the art UX design methods, and leave your footprint on a global market.
- Native Android development experience (iOS/web technologies is a plus)
- Thrives in agile, test driven environments and excited about continuous integration over multiple platforms
- Passionate about working on the brink between software development and app design
- Self starter, flexible, versatile, entrepreneurial spirit
- BS in Computer Science or related field (or demonstrates equivalent experience)
Create with us with flexible working conditions, your choice of paid city parking or public transportation, and competitive compensation and benefits.
CookBrite is a startup, based in downtown Seattle, that is founded and led by a team of successful entrepreneurs and business executives from the tech, mobile, and food/beverage industry (DocuSign, Cisco, Samsung Mobile, HP, IBM, Pepsi, Kraft, Frito Lay, and more). We offer flexible working conditions, your choice of paid city parking or public transportation, and competitive compensation and benefits.
Joel Test score: 11 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?