Does your mind run through all the potential things that could go wrong – and then brainstorm how to avoid them? Do you take great pride in your code? Have you been acknowledged for your amazing attention to detail? Are you eager for that next step in your IT career? We want to hear from you!
Gopher Resource is searching for a creative master mind to support all computer programs across the enterprise. A newly created position, the Senior Software Developerwill develop, modify, and implement software systems designed to support various business units that operate in a 24/7 environment. Reporting directly to the Senior Director of IT, this person will also oversee the administration of software and database components to maintain both availability and integrity of the data and solutions supported throughout the organization.
- Analyze applications and data to find opportunities for efficiencies
- Define requirements for both new development and upgrades to existing systems
- Design, develop, and test modifications and enhancements to existing and new applications
- Implement required security features, with a focus on MS Active Directory
- Coordinate and train others, when/where applicable, on application deployments
- Consult with internal clients to develop user requirements and effectively translate those requirements into a formal design
- Provide technical guidance to other applications developers and other members of the team
- Maintain customer work results and efficiency by evaluating and anticipating equipment requirements, researching and evaluating options, and making recommendations
- Guide customer actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating procedures and methods
- Assist with the integration of all new components into the existing architecture, giving all reporting tools consistency, and a common look and feel
- Work directly with customers throughout the organization to determine their application system and integration requirements for new and modified product implementations, and to integrate and apply new architectures to the Company’s infrastructure
- Continue the integration of existing IT related monitoring, management, and reporting systems into a common centralized system, keeping the results friendly to users ranging from technical first responders to senior executive leadership
- Migrate and integrate data from disparate sources into single views for management, shut down old environment when/where applicable
- Expert recall on data location and how to present it to end users
- Develop new software tools as needed by the business
- All other duties and projects as assigned
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field from accredited College or University
- 5+ years of related development experience
- Demonstrated understanding of Windows and PC based computer systems
- Strong application development and programming skills, including MS SQL programming, database management (MS SQL Server), Business Intelligence / Reporting solutions, XML, .NET-based Web Development
- Basic knowledge of data communication networks
- Ability to design and implement relational data structures
- Ability to create - using the best available tools - clear, consistent, and intuitive access to accurately represented data, in a format meaningful to a particular user group
- Ability to code, test, diagnose, troubleshoot, and debug complex software systems and their dependencies, often in a technical leadership capacity
- First-rate interpersonal skills with employees at all levels, including excellent communication and conflict management aptitude
- Exceptional problem solving skills to include innovation, collaboration, analysis, and inductive reasoning
- Enthusiasm to learn and work with multiple applications, tools, and technologies
- Capacity to work independently as well as within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Highly self-motivated and directed, ability to work well under pressure, manage and prioritize multiple disciplines concurrently, attend to details, and meet deadlines
- Flexible, adaptive nature with ability to anticipate problems, taking necessary action to minimize impact
Gopher Resource is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Gopher Resource
At Gopher Resource, our history of excellence is a long one. Since 1946, we have focused on researching, developing and applying new technologies that make us safer, more efficient and more productive. The preferred lead recycling company in North America, Gopher Resource Lead Recycling Services processes and recycles more than 10 million spent lead-acid batteries and other lead-bearing materials each year.
Technological advances and environmental stewardship are compatible pursuits. Through the right use of technology, we seek to improve lives while preserving the environment and ecosystems for future generations. We are a recognized leader in pollution prevention and in meeting or exceeding all environmental regulations and requirements.
Our achievements and success depend on our employees, the heart and soul of our enterprise. We foster a respectful, safe work environment where employees are educated and equipped to perform at their best.
Grow with us. Gopher Resource.
How to apply
To apply to this position, please click here