ABOUT THE ROLE
As the senior Rails developer, you will be responsible for leading our replatforming efforts from PHP to Rails as well as mentoring the rest of the team in their development.
Some of the technologies you will be working with include:
- Rails 4.0
- Ruby 2.0
- iOS Objective-C
If this sounds interesting to you, here’s the type of person we want on our team
You are innately curious about the world and thrive when you’re surrounded by other smart people.
You LOVE winning but you don’t have an ego.
You enjoy mentoring others.
You’re often the smartest person in the room.
You read books.
Your values align with ours.
Success for you = swinging for the fences.
You’re tired of working on a product that doesn't solve a real problem.
You want work on something that matters.
Skills & Requirements
Because, it wouldn’t be a job description without this stuff. And to be perfectly honest, we’ve just always really wanted to say “now let’s get down to brass tacks.”
- 3+ years experience Ruby on Rails
- Proven track record with high-traffic sites
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
- Thorough understanding of software testing
- Strong commitment to quality and a high degree of self motivation
- Great communication skills
- Bonus Skills:
- Additional MVC framework knowledge
- RESTful API development and maintenance
- Third Party API integration
- Performance tuning
- Experience with anyone of the following mobile platforms
- Extra credit:
- Participates in open source/outside projects
- Participates in technology communities and/or user groups
We are a venture-backed crowdfunding startup that changes lives. We’re in a massive $80 Billion market. We process thousands of transactions a day and generate millions of dollars of revenue a year. In 2014, we’ll process more than $75M in transactions. In 2017, we plan to process over $1B.
This is what we do.
This is why we do it.
As part of our engineering team, these are the types of moments you will help bring to scale.
We plan to make GiveForward a household name within the next 3-5 years.
Joel Test score: 8 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?
How to apply
Please apply by click this link >> http://giveforward.theresumator.com/apply/HPpA0U/…