The Programmer’s primary responsibility is to build and maintain custom multi-user databases and websites. The Programmer performs a variety of intermediate tasks including project coordination and/or public relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, and provides support for applications using C#.NET, ASP.NET, and SQL
- Makes database structure modifications, performs data migrations, monitors resource utilization and maintains the integrity of data
- Provides written project documentation, and assists staff with software-related issues and training
- Identifies new methods of improving application performance and stability
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements
- BA/BS or AA + 2 years comparable experience or High School diploma + 4 years comparable experience
- Experience with T-SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, and database optimization
- Experience using source-control in a shared environment
- Working knowledge of: MS Office, Visual Basic for Applications, DBA experience, IIS and MS Servers
- Advanced knowledge of principles and techniques of computer programming
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to pass security check by Sacramento County, Department of Human Assistance, for access to the County computer system
About Child Action, Inc.
Our major goal is to promote the healthy growth and development of children and families living in Sacramento County. The services we provide include child care resource and referral, child care subsidies, recruitment and training of child care professionals, and parent education and support.
Child Action, Inc. operates on a non-discriminatory basis, giving equal access to services without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, sexual preference, gender identity, veteran's status or any other bias prohibited by law.
How to apply
$30.57 per hour, 37.50 hours per week Monday through Friday.
Cafeteria package including monthly stipend of $444.00 to $633.74 for group medical, dental, dependent care reimbursement, and/or out of pocket health expenses; 13 holidays; 15 vacation days; 12 health leave days; life insurance; long term disability insurance; employee assistance program; and 401(k) retirement plan.
For full job description and qualification, please see our website: http://www.childaction.org/aboutus/caijobs.asp
To apply for a position with Child Action, Inc., please submit a completed Child Action, Inc. Employment Application Form* A Child Action, Inc. Application for employment is required. Applications will be accepted until the closing date and time stated on the posting. Postmarks not accepted. *See job postings for other application requirements.